Find upcoming events and things to do in Huntington Beach. Search by category,date or keyword. Categories include live music, bars and clubs, night life, theatre, comedy, sports, kids and family, free events and many more.
Social Skills Group for Teens (age 13-18) in Irvine on Jun 1, 2012 6:00 PM
Social Skills Group for Teens (age 13-18)
Autism Solutions for Kids- Get Directions
18818 Teller Ave, Suite 115
Looking for ways to improve your teen’s social life?
Join PEERS for TEENS at ASK
with Alexander Gantman, Psy.D, and Kimberly Orliczky, MA, BCBA
Social Skills Training Program for Motivated Teens with High Functioning Autism, Asperger's, ADHD, and related disorders: Develop evidence-based skills to achieve social success!
Autism Solutions for Kids is now accepting application for social skills group for teenagers age 13-18.
Based on PEERS (Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills),this successful 14-week evidence-based program is designed for parents and motivated teenagers (7th—12th grade) who are interested in learning ways to help them make and keep friends. Click for research and articles on PEERS.
During each group session, participants learn a new skill, practice during play activity, receive coaching on their social skills and are given a homework assignment in which they try out their newly learned skill:· How to use appropriate conversational skills· How to find common interests by trading information· How to appropriately use humor· How to enter and exit conversations between peers· How to handle rejection, teasing, and bullying· How to handle rumors and gossip· How to be a good host during get-togethers· How to make phone calls to friends· How to choose appropriate friends· How to be a good sport· How to handle argument and disagreements· How to handlchange a bad reputation · How to take perspectives· How to follow "theory of mind"
Parents attend a concurrent class and will learn how to help their teenagers to make and keep friends by using the skills taught in the program.
* Now taking applications for Summer Classes
* Location: ASK Office in Newport Beach, CA
* Application Option: online application or call 949-791-9275
* Fee: Program may be covered by insurance or self-pay. Contact ASK Office at 949-791-9275.
* How to apply: Complete Eventbrite online registration. Upon receipt, ASK will contact you to to complete a phone screening and schedule an intake meeting to determine appropriateness of the program.
* Group placement is determined by age and compatibility.
* Group Size: 10 students per group.
* Regular attendance is imperative.
* Parent participation is required.
* ASK cannot guarantee the program will be covered by any insurance program. Families should confirm coverage benefits and obtain necessary pre-authorization.
Tags: eventbrite.com, seminars, singles_social, social, tickets, Nightlife & Singles, Irvine